For Families with children
Early Feeding for Children
Lunch 11:30 a.m. to noon, early feeding from the children's menu ( kids buffet is not offered in the dining room) no early feeding times at the pool side BBQ
Dinner-5:30 p.m. early feeding begins - from the menu or children's buffet. Buffet offered until 7 p.m.
The younger ones generally finish their meals earlier than adults. Take advantage of our meal-time supervision to keep them busy and content while you have a more leisurely dining experience.
- Breakfast 8:30 - 9:30am
- Lunch 12:00 - 1:00pm
- Dinner (Playvillage 6:00-7:45) Junor and Youth have activity supervised by director 6:15-7:45
Complimentary childcare is offered each evening in the lower level of Hearthside Inn from 7:45pm - 1:00am.
- Friday & Sunday - available
- Monday to Thursday & Saturday (sign up by 3pm)
A private babysitter can be booked to care for your child or children in your room. The cost is $8 per hour (for a minimum of 3 hours), which you pay directly to the sitter. Sitters are off-duty resort staff (generally from Playvillage or Dining Room) and young people from the community who have earned the Babysitting Certificate and have been interviewed by our Human Resources Manager.
- The request for a sitter must be made by 3 pm of the day the sitter is required
- One sitter is required per family (as registered).
Helpful extras (no charge)
- cribs, cots, bed rails (request before arrival)
- booster seats, high chairs
- bottle warmers, baby monitors (limited quantities at Front Desk)
- bath chairs, raised toilet seats
During the summer season, we offer orientation sessions on Fridays and Sundays at 4:00 pm and 4:45 pm. Meet at the amphitheatre. Our sports staff give a tour of the property and enlighten new and returning guests on the finer points of the facilities and activities. If you arrive on any other day, or miss the sessions for any other reason, the Front Desk staff can provide all the information you need to make the most of your Fern vacation.
To help organize programs during inclement weather we employ a flag system to inform guests that we are are on the regular program or that we have switched to the rainy day program. Yellow flag - regular program - Blue flag - rainy day program – If the decision is made to change programs, flags are posted at these locations at luggage cart shelter near entrance to Main Inn, the fishing and marina boat dock the gazebo by the tennis courts and at the sports cottage in the extreme area.
Pool Towel Program
Pool towels are available to be signed out from the Front Desk. Towels are returned or exchanged here as well. A $10 deposit is forfeited for each towel not returned. You are welcome to bring your own pool towels if you don't wish to participate in our towel program.
Air conditioning, TV, DVD, VCR (in many rooms), phone, clock radio, small fridge, iron, ironing board, hair dryer, bathroom step stool, night light.
- most accommodations have balconies or decks
- some accommodations have wheelchair accessibility and/or grab bars in bathrooms.
In Room Phones
Each room is supplied with a phone that can be used for on property calls. Messages can be left for our guests on our local line (705) 325-2256 and a message wait light will flash if there is a message. Messages can be retreived by calling the front desk. No charge for on property calls. Connection fee of $1 + tax for all local, toll-free, and long distance calls - Long distance (Canada and U.S.) - $1 connection fee includes 5 min. long distance - $0.18 per additional minute.
- other guest rooms and resort departments can be reached by dialing the room number or the extension
- dial "0" to reach the Front Desk and Office - dial "243" for the spa - dial "170" for the Dining Room
- house phones are located at the Front Desk, lobby of Mary Lou's and Bergwen's, and Terrace Bar.
- to dial "out", press "9" for an outside line