We’re really looking forward to your arrival!
As the Province of Ontario continues in Step 3 of the Roadmap to ReOpening, the Fern family is eager to have you visit us. A lot of careful preparation has gone into making sure that your stay with us will offer as much of the Fern Resort family vacation experience that you all look forward to while ensuring the comfort, safety, and wellness of our guests, staff, and our community.
Look for the Fern Fresh logo around the Resort. It’s our commitment to the high quality and extra care that go into ensuring that your stay with us is as fun-filled and full of lasting memories as you’ve come to expect and your guide to a safe and healthy getaway experience.
The following mandates have been implemented to ensure a safe getaway experience at Fern Resort:
- Vaccination Policy
Fern Resort is following all Provincial Guidelines regarding COVID-19. Fern Resort guests will need to be fully vaccinated (two Health Canada approved doses plus 14 days) and provide their proof of vaccination along with ID to check-in.
- Mandatory Masks
Everyone is required to wear a mask in indoor public spaces that are permitted to be open. Unfortunately, we don’t have a mask exemption policy.
- Social Distancing
Practice safe social distancing. When you can’t maintain 2m/6ft. from others, a mask must be worn outdoors throughout the resort.
Practice frequent hand washing and/or hand sanitizing. Sanitizing stations are provided throughout the resort.
- COVID-19 Screening – Staff
Daily screening of each staff member prior to their shift.
Fern Resort has implemented a Rapid Testing program for staff in high guest contact roles.
- COVID-19 Screening – Guests
Screening questionnaire upon arrival.
If you have any COVID-19 symptoms or feel unwell, please stay home. Should anyone in your group develop a COVID-19 symptom you will be required to depart the resort.
Please be conscientious of those around you and respect the experience of others. A little understanding and hospitality go a long way to making sure everyone’s experience remains a positive one. We’re all in this together and each of us doing our part will ensure that we all can stay healthy and happy.
In order to help you during your stay, we will pre-authorize a credit card upon arrival. The amount we pre-authorize is the package total, less deposit paid, plus $100 per day for incidentals you may incur during your stay.
We accept VISA, MasterCard & American Express.
Fern Resort is following all Provincial Guidelines regarding COVID-19.
Fern Resort is following all Provincial Guidelines regarding COVID-19.
As of September 22, 2021, all Fern Resort guests will need to be fully vaccinated (two doses plus 14 days) and provide their proof of vaccination along with ID to check-in.
For more information, please visit the Government of Ontario website.
- As per the directive of the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, as well as everyone’s well-being, masks or face coverings are required for all guests ages 5 and older who are indoors in a public space.
- Unfortunately, we don’t have a mask exemption policy.
- Guests are required to wear a mask while walking to and from their table in dining areas.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their own masks, however, Fern Resort does have a limited selection of reusable masks available for sale in the Gift Shop.
Schedule of Housekeeping for Accommodations
- Fern Resort only uses disinfectants that are approved by Health Canada to effectively control the spread of viruses specifically COVID-19.
- We’re maintaining our aggressive cleaning protocols and before your arrival, all hard surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected with a focus on high touch points i.e.: doorknobs, light switches, remotes, etc.
- All soft surfaces will be sprayed with an approved aerosol disinfectant.
- Housekeeping staff will wear masks and a new pair of gloves in each room. Fern Resort offers daily maid service. If guests prefer less service, please arrange in advance by calling 800 567-3376
Most of our extensive recreational facilities and amenities will be available for guests this winter. Here are a few things you should know this year.
Guests should use hand sanitizer before and after using the resort’s facilities. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the resort.
Winter Activities include
- 1.5km Skating Trail
- Cross-Country Skiing
- and more!
In accordance with the new restrictions imposed as of January 5th, the gym is temporarily closed.
- The fitness centre is open with reduced capacity. Masks are required when not actively using machines/equipment.
All public areas will be cleaned throughout the day from 7 am – 10 pm including sitting areas and the indoor pool deck. Particular attention will be paid to washrooms and high traffic areas that will be cleaned every two hours.
Areas that promote “self-use” of equipment will have disinfecting spray and hand sanitizer for guests to use with instructions.
In accordance with the recent restrictions that were imposed, as of January 5th all meals will be served in-room.
We have transitioned to Digital Menus. Following check-in, you will be able to access all menus for the duration of your stay using our Fern Resort Info Site.
Indoor Pool, Sauna, Hot Tub, Steam Room
In accordance with the new restrictions imposed as of January 5th, the Indoor Pool, Sauna, Hot Tub and Steam Room are temporarily closed.
- Open 9am to 10pm.
- Reservations required
- 45-minute time slots starting on every hour
- Pool towels – guests are allotted 2 towels per person, per day. Towels are signed out from the front desk and returned to the used towel bin on the pool deck.
In accordance with the new restrictions imposed as of January 5th, Mary Lou’s is temporarily closed.
In Step 3 of the Provincial Roadmap to Reopen, Mary Lou’s will be open during the day for ping pong, billiards, and retro video games.
In the evenings, Mary Lou’s bar and snack bar will be open.
Masks must be worn when not eating/drinking. Occupancy limits apply.
- Firepits are located throughout the resort and can be reserved nightly. Please visit the Front Desk to reserve your preferred firepit.
- The large firepit in front of Mary Lou’s is communal for all guests.
- Evening entertainment is available on select Winter Weekends. Please check your Program for more information, or call the Front Desk.
- We ask that you wear a mask in and out of the meeting room and only take it off when you are seated in the meeting room and socially distanced.
- We have enhanced cleaning and sanitizing procedures in place in all meeting rooms, especially on high touchpoints like coffee spigots, tables, doors, and AV equipment. Meeting rooms are cleaned after set up, at lunch, and at the end of the day.
- Each meeting room has a hand-washing sink and/or hand sanitizer, as well as a Sanitizing Station for sanitizing equipment.
- Meeting rooms are set up with one person per cabaret or 8-foot table ensuring a minimum of 6 feet between people.
- Complimentary pens and note pads are kept at the back of the room instead of at each setting.
- Rooms are set up with assigned seating. Otherwise, table linens will not be installed to facilitate sanitizing between sittings.
- Dining Room seating has been modified to increase spacing between tables while keeping people in their household/social bubbles. Delegates not sitting in a social bubble will be seated two to a table with a clear divider in between so they are still able to connect with their colleagues.
- Fern Resort collects contact tracing information