We are open and really looking forward to your arrival!
While we’ve been anticipating reopening with great excitement, a lot of careful preparation has gone into making sure that your stay with us this summer will offer as much as possible of the warm Fern Resort experience that you all look forward to, while ensuring the comfort, safety and wellness of our guests, front-line staff and our community.
To that end, guests and staff are required to follow social distancing guidelines and practice good hygiene, such as frequent hand-washing/sanitizing. If you are feeling sick, please stay home and if you start to feel unwell while staying at Fern, please remain in your room. Please be conscientious of those around and respect the experience of others – a little understanding and hospitality goes a long way to making sure everyone’s experience remains a positive one. We’re all in this together and each of us doing our part will ensure that we all can stay healthy and happy this summer
NEW FOR THIS SUMMER
Prepayment Prior to Arrival
- In order to reduce lineups at the Front Desk, please call us at 1 800-567-3376, prior to your arrival, to arrange pre-payment of your reservation(s).
Room Charges During Your Stay
- Please call us at 1 800 567-3376 prior to your arrival to confirm the credit card you would like to have on file to authorize room charging.
- Room charges will be contactless, and you will not be signing tabs.
- Staff will ask your name and room number and give you the total that will be charged to your room.
Waiver Completion Prior to Arrival
- Waivers are required for certain activities. Visit www.fernresort.com/waivers to complete waivers for any activities you may want to participate in.
- Please print, sign and email your waivers to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 705-327-5647.
On-line versions of programs, menus & sign up forms
- We have moved our printed materials online and once on property, you will be able to access the weekly activities program, dining room menus and sign up for activities directly from your mobile device.
- Signing up for activities can also be done by calling the Front Desk directly.
Schedule of Housekeeping – Accommodations
- Fern Resort only uses disinfectants that are approved by Health Canada to effectively control the spread of viruses specifically COVID-19.
- We’re maintaining our aggressive cleaning protocols and before your arrival, all hard surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected with a focus on high touch points i.e.: doorknobs, light switches, remotes, etc.
- All soft surfaces will be sprayed with an approved aerosol disinfectant.
- Housekeeping staff will wear masks and a new pair of gloves in each room.
- To lessen the person to person contact, our housekeeping schedules for your accommodation have been modified. The new schedule will be:
- 7 day stays – housekeeping will happen on the 2nd and 4th day.
- 5 day stays – housekeeping will happen on the 3rd day.
- 4 day stays or less – housekeeping will not enter your room.
- You can request additional housekeeping prior to arrival. Email us at email@example.com or call us at 1 800 567-3376.
- You can request additional towels and additional room amenities once you have checked in and they will be delivered to your room.
OTHER THINGS YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Al Fresco!
At this time, the province of Ontario has mandated that restaurant dining is limited to the outdoors. We are working hard to make this the best experience possible for you and your family. To this end, we have erected a large awning outside the Main Inn in order to accommodate Breakfast and Dinner service with assigned seating. Lunch will be served as usual from the BBQ gazebo, with seating on the pool deck. We will be offering meals in the dining room as soon as provincial restrictions permit us to.
Playvillage & Activities Programs
The same great programs available for morning to evening! We have social distancing measures in place.
Entertainment is Here Too!
- Afternoon Entertainment will take place at the outdoor Amphitheatre.
- The evening entertainment lineup includes an outdoor Dive-In Movie on the Pool Deck. Stay tuned for additional details.
- We’ll be lighting bonfires around the resort each night of the week for our guests to enjoy the quintessential summer cottage country experience.
- At this time, we are not able to offer live entertainment indoors in Bergwen’s Theatre.
Now, more than ever, we understand the importance of getting away from it all and relaxing by the lake. Although your stay at Fern cannot be exactly the same as in previous years, with the vastness of our beautiful lakeside property, fresh air, abundance of facilities and fun activities, we promise to provide you with a safe and much needed Ferntastic vacation.
We look forward to seeing you soon!