WE ARE Fern
Fern Resort is an amazing place to work. If you’re looking for exciting new challenges, an opportunity to hone your skills, and a fun work environment with awesome staff perks, we’d like to meet you!
We’re passionate about the resorting industry and we’re looking for people who want to be part of our dynamic team. See below for a list of our currently available positions in various departments – we have multiple casual part-time and full-time seasonal positions available.
Current 2022 Job Opportunities
Each summer, we look for College/University students, co-op students, local high school students, as well as those from out of town with local accommodation in the summer. We have several departments with a number of employment opportunities each year from April to September.
If you’re interested in joining the Fern Resort team for the Summer 2022 season, please connect with us!
For more info on Summer 2022 opportunities, see listings below. Please note that preference will be given to local candidates. However, if you are able to commute or live in the area for the summer months, we would love to hear from you!
Room Attendant – Housekeeping
- Part-time and casual positions available.
- Duties are cleaning public areas, washrooms and guest rooms, specific duties include mopping, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, and making beds to resort standards.
- Shifts are 8:00am-4:30pm with the occasional 3:30pm-12:00am
- Working Conditions: Bending, lifting, pushing 25-50 lbs and walking/standing on your feet for extended periods
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays
- Prior cleaning experience is an asset
- Rate of Pay $16.00/hour
If you’re interested in any of the positions listed, please send your resume in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to Human Resources, 4432 Fern Resort Rd. Ramara, ON L3V 0Z1.
**Fern Resort is an equal opportunity employer. Job plans for accessibility accommodation will be created when needed on an individual basis**
WANT TO WORK AT FERN RESORT? HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW.
Thank you for thinking of Fern Resort as your future employer. We are looking for year-round employees, College/University students, co-op students, and local high school students (or those from out of town with local accommodation in the summer). Fern can offer prospective employees fun work experiences, excitement, and the opportunity to meet many new friends and make some great memories.
1) Fern Resort is a year-round four-and-a-half-star American Plan Resort located on Lake Couchiching just outside of Orillia. We have 103 rooms and cater primarily to families from mid-June to Labour Day. We offer many facilities to our guests which our staff is able to use as a privilege. Go to fernresort.com to check out the rest of our site to learn more about us.
2) During the off-season (September to April), contact Human Resources for available jobs. For seasonal (summer) employment we hire Dining Room Servers, Dining Room Assistant Servers, Dishwashers, Lifeguards, Playvillage Supervisors, Room Attendants, Recreation Staff, Waterskiing Staff, Boat Dock Staff, and Kitchen Staff.
3) We take applications from starting January for seasonal positions and at any time for off-season positions. If we wish to interview you we will contact you via your email. Please ensure to include an active email address you monitor regularly.
4) To qualify for a summer position at Fern you must be available from mid-June to Labour Day Monday. Hours from May to mid-June are only on a part-time basis. Full-time does not start until mid-June. If you are not available until Labour Day you would not be offered a position.
5) Fern has limited staff accommodations available for those 18 years of age or older. Single is $85.00 and double/ triple is $69.00 per week including 3 meals per day. Single rooms are not guaranteed. If you are not 18 or older you would need to have alternative accommodation in the area to qualify for a position.
6) For those 18 and over most pay wages range from $15.00 to $16.00 per hour. Rate of pay for under 18 years is $14.10 per hour. Wages will increase as per the new Ontario Wage Requirements in January 2022.
If you are interested please send your resume in PDF, Word or Excel format to email@example.com or mail to Human Resources, 4432 Fern Resort Rd. Ramara, ON L3V 0Z1.
Play WHRE YOU WORK