JOBS AT Fern
A note from Fern Resort…
We currently have a number of job openings!
Please contact Laura Nelson at the email address provided below for updated job availability and job descriptions.
If you would like more information about these positions or would like to apply, inquiries and resumes (Word or Excel format) can be sent to email@example.com, faxed to 705-327-5647, or mailed to Laura Nelson 4432 Fern Resort Rd. R.R. # 5, Orillia ON L3V 6H5.
WANT TO WORK AT FERN RESORT? HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW.
Thank you for thinking of Fern Resort as your future employer. We are gearing up for another exciting year. We are looking for year-round employees, College/University students, co-op students and local high school students (or those from out of town with local accommodation in the summer). Fern can offer prospective employees fun work experiences, excitement and the opportunity to meet many new friends and make some great memories. Click HERE to see current jobs available but read on–the following information may be helpful to you:
1) Fern Resort is a year-round four-and-a-half star American Plan Resort located on Lake Couchiching just outside of Orillia. We have 105 rooms and cater mostly to families from mid-June to Labour Day. We offer many facilities to our guests which our staff are able to use as a privilege. Go to www.fernresort.com to check out the rest of our site to learn more about us.
2) During the off-season (September to April), available jobs will be posted on the web site. For seasonal (summer) employment we hire Dining Room Servers, Dining Room Captains, Dishwashers, Lifeguards, Play Village Supervisors, Room Attendants, Recreation Staff and Kitchen Staff.
3) We take applications from mid-February to mid-March for seasonal positions and at any time for off-season positions. If we wish to interview you we will contact you. If you are contacted for an interview you would need to be able to attend the interview here at the resort. If you live more than three hours away or out of country a phone interview could be conducted.
4) To qualify for a summer position at Fern you must be available from mid-June to Labour Day Monday. Hours from May to mid-June are only on a part-time basis. Full-time does not start until mid-June. If you are not available until Labour Day you would not be offered a position.
5) Fern has limited staff accommodations available for those 19 years of age or older. Single is $85.00 and double/ triple is $69.00 per week including 3 meals per day. Single rooms are not guaranteed. If you are not 19 or older you would need to have alternative accommodation in the area to qualify for a position.
6) For those 18 and over most pay wages range from $11.20 to $12.00 per hour. Rate pay for under 18 years is $10.30 per hour. A small amount of the wage ($.20) is held until you finish your summer contract. If you forfeit your contract you do not collect the additional wage that was held.
If you are interested and have already sent your resume, and if we wish to interview you, you will be contacted sometime in February or March for seasonal employment and within two weeks for all other employment. Otherwise please send your resume in Word or Excel format to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 705-327-5647, or mail to Laura Nelson 4432 Fern Resort Rd. R.R. # 5, Orillia ON L3V 6H5.
VP – Human Resources
FUN ON THE WATER
With close to two kilometres of waterfront there is so much fun to be had on, in and around Lake Couchiching. And as if that is not enough, we have two outdoor pools, one indoor pool, hot tubs saunas and steam room. See how you can enjoy the water at Fern.
KEEPING EVERYONE BUSY
Join our sports staff daily in one of 8 age appropriate scheduled activities programs Our sports directors are experts in having fun leading you through a range of activities, fun tournaments and crafts. And we don’t stop there. Each evening head to Bergwen’s theatre were a range of professional entertainers will have the entire family laughing, shocked and amazed. See our entire weekly line-up.
YOUR FUN, YOUR WAY
What is it you need to relax when you get away? Is it pushing your self in an activity, getting in touch with nature, sharing a laugh with a friend or simply taking time for yourself? No matter how you define it, we have the facilities and atmosphere to make your time with us rewarding.
CHECK OUT OUR CURRENT PACKAGES
Summer Warm Up Special
Canada Day Weekend
Mid Summer Special
Civic Holiday Weekend
August Family Special
Labour Day Weekend