WE ARE Fern
Fern Resort is an amazing place to work. If you’re looking for exciting new challenges, an opportunity to hone your skills, and a fun work environment with awesome staff perks, we’d like to meet you!
We’re passionate about the resorting industry and we’re looking for people who want to be part of our dynamic team. See below for a list of our currently available positions in various departments – we have multiple casual part-time and full-time seasonal positions available.
Summer 2022 Job Opportunities!
Each summer, we look for College/University students, co-op students, local high school students, as well as those from out of town with local accommodation in the summer. We have several departments with a number of employment opportunities each year from April to September.
If you’re interested in joining the Fern Resort team for the Summer 2022 season, please connect with us!
For more info on Summer 2022 opportunities, see listings below. Please note that preference will be given to local candidates. However, if you are able to commute or live in the area for the summer months, we would love to hear from you!
Dining Room Server
- Full-time and Part-time Seasonal
- Take orders and serve meals in a professional and friendly manner according to the standards of the resort
- Must obtain Smart Serve certificate
- Must be available to work split shifts. Shifts are approximately 7:45-10:30am, 11:30am-2pm, 5:30-9:00pm
- $15.00/ hour
Dining Room Assistant Server
- Full-time and Part-time Seasonal
- Assist Servers by transferring meals from the kitchen to the dining room.
- Remove dirty trays and transfer them to the kitchen
- Must be available to work split shifts. Shifts are approximately 7:45-10:30am, 11:30am-2:00pm, 5:30-9:00pm.
- $14.10 – $15.00/hour
- Full-time Seasonal
- Assisting the team in the preparation and cooking of daily menus items for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Preparation and cooking of outdoor lunch barbecue items as well as maintaining the quality and sanitation levels in the department
- Assist in other areas of the kitchen if needed.
- Must be able to work split shifts. Shifts are 8:00am-1:30pm and 5:00-8:00pm
- Requires extended periods of standing
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays
Full-time and Part-time Seasonal
Wash dishes, pots, glasses, cutlery
Sweep and mop the kitchen after each shift
Put kitchen deliveries away when needed
Shifts are 8:00am – 4:00pm and 5:00 – 10:00pm.
Requires lifting and extended periods of standing
Must be willing to work weekends and holidays
$14.10 to $15.00/hour
If you’re interested in any of the positions listed, please send your resume in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to Daniela Downing, 4432 Fern Resort Rd. Ramara, ON L3V 0Z1.
**Fern Resort is an equal opportunity employer. Job plans for accessibility accommodation will be created when needed on an individual basis**
WE ARE Fern
WANT TO WORK AT FERN RESORT? HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW.
Thank you for thinking of Fern Resort as your future employer. We are looking for year-round employees, College/University students, co-op students, and local high school students (or those from out of town with local accommodation in the summer). Fern can offer prospective employees fun work experiences, excitement, and the opportunity to meet many new friends and make some great memories.
1) Fern Resort is a year-round four-and-a-half-star American Plan Resort located on Lake Couchiching just outside of Orillia. We have 103 rooms and cater primarily to families from mid-June to Labour Day. We offer many facilities to our guests which our staff is able to use as a privilege. Go to fernresort.com to check out the rest of our site to learn more about us.
2) During the off-season (September to April), contact Daniela Downing for available jobs. For seasonal (summer) employment we hire Dining Room Servers, Dining Room Assistant Servers, Dishwashers, Lifeguards, Playvillage Supervisors, Room Attendants, Recreation Staff, Waterskiing Staff, Boat Dock Staff, and Kitchen Staff.
3) We take applications from starting January for seasonal positions and at any time for off-season positions. If we wish to interview you we will contact you via your email. Please ensure to include an active email address you monitor regularly.
4) To qualify for a summer position at Fern you must be available from mid-June to Labour Day Monday. Hours from May to mid-June are only on a part-time basis. Full-time does not start until mid-June. If you are not available until Labour Day you would not be offered a position.
5) Fern has limited staff accommodations available for those 18 years of age or older. Single is $85.00 and double/ triple is $69.00 per week including 3 meals per day. Single rooms are not guaranteed. If you are not 18 or older you would need to have alternative accommodation in the area to qualify for a position.
6) For those 18 and over most pay wages range from $15.00 to $16.00 per hour. Rate of pay for under 18 years is $14.10 per hour. Wages will increase as per the new Ontario Wage Requirements in January 2022.
If you are interested please send your resume in PDF, Word or Excel format to email@example.com or mail to Daniela Downing, 4432 Fern Resort Rd. Ramara, ON L3V 0Z1.